In 1972 the original Laflin Library Association was comprised of 25 women who gave countless hours of volunteer work to support the various programs offered by the Library. These efforts continue today with a part-time Librarian and volunteers who assist in carrying out the Library activities. The Laflin Library Association, which is a voluntary, non-partisan organization, administers the Library.
Funding to support the Library is provided by the Laflin Borough Council who pays the Librarian’s salary, and an annual fund drive which is generously supported by the community of Laflin.
- Newsletters – Fall and Spring
- Adult Reading Programs
- St. Patrick’s Day Children and Teen Reading Programs/Drawing
- Children’s Story Hour
- Observance of National Library Week
- Ongoing Book Sales
- Annual Fundraising – Spring
- Valentine’s Day Drawing
- Easter Egg Contest for Children 3 and older
- Summer Reading Program and Cookouts
- Association Dinner – Library Week